A couple of weeks into 2013 isn’t too early to set yourself some fun photography related goals for the New Year. Especially if you’re already looking forward to the 2013 holiday season and what picture related gifts you may want to plan on.
Here are five fun photo ideas for 2013.
- Nature – Do you have a favorite plant, tree, park, garden or something similar near you that you see or visit regularly? Make it a point to take a picture of that spot every month on the same day (or as close to the same day as possible). This is a gorgeous way to capture the changing season throughout the year that could make a wonderful slideshow, collage or collection of Aluminyzed prints come this time next year.
- The Family – Take the same idea from above and take a picture of the kids, the whole family or family pet on the same day every year. Add a sign with the month and year on it each time (a simple chalkboard or dry erase board will work here). Add a little seasonal décor when possible if you want! Again, this captures the way the family changes through the and would make a wonderful slideshow, collage or collection of Aluminyzed prints come this time next year. Not to mention calendars for family as next year’s Christmas gifts!
- Photograph Your New Year’s Resolutions – Make a list of 12 things you want to try, places you want to visit or simply things you want to accomplish by 2014. Each month choose one and do it! Snap a photo and create a journal or scrapbook of your accomplishments. This can also be done as a family, or if you have kids allow them to make their list and photo bucket list for the year!
- Make A Photo Bucket List – This entry is inspired by this fabulous post from our friends at Click It Up A Notch. Add to this list or create your own crazy, fun and inspiring photo ideas and set your sights on getting them over the next 12 months.
- Get to Know Your Camera – If you got a new camera this holiday or if you just have one that you know offers more bells and whistles than you’ve gotten a chance to perfect yet, make this your year! Make a list of 12 different crazy settings and tools your camera offers and each month choose one to perfect! By the next holiday season you’ll be shooting photos like a pro!
Remember each mentioned above idea offers you a chance to build a gorgeous photo library! Which means the more phenomenal photos to choose from when getting your next fabulous Aluminyzed print!
We’d love to know, what fun photo goals would you add to this list?